Heckman Log Cabin
The Heckman Log Cabin was home to the Heckman's since the 1890s when they arrived in the Genoa/Elmore area. It was located on Nissen Road and later moved to Ory Park in Elmore. In 1981 it was donated to the Elmore Historical Society by Mildred Magsig.
The cabin was built by the Stauffer Family in the 1860s, sold to the Butlers and later the Heckmans. Mattie Heckman was born in the cabin on February 13, 1893 and lived there with her brother Clarence until their deaths in the 1970s. They were the children of John and Julia (Ganon) Heckman. Mattie was an elementary school teacher at the Harris-Elmore School for 39 years and had spent 12 years in the rural Elmore schools.
Ory (Depot) Park
Back to: Elmore Attractions